I have so much to be grateful for, looking into 2011. Here's a few things topping my list.
1. The generosity of loved ones. Especially houseguests who buy your parents a whole new PC (more on that later).
I ran out of this the week of Christmas, and now I remember why I'm so addicted! Don't think I'll ever go back to liquid, nothing compares (take it from me, the girl with horrible skin who has tried everything).
3. Sick days. A really bad migraine brought me down after Christmas (spent Sunday in bed, dragged myself to work yesterday and wound up coming home after two hours), and I'm mindful that not everyone gets paid sick time - very grateful for them!
4. Homemade chocolate covered marsipan balls.
They. Were. Delicious.
5. Dante, the saddest reindeer of all...
I stopped laughing long enough to take this shot, then took off the costume ($2.50 at Target, couldn't resist!) and gave him a treat. Promise.
I can't speak to whether he wore it when all his aunties came over for a gift exchange.
6. The rain stopping long enough for a lovely Christmas. However, it came back briefly Saturday night and we're supposed to have more before New Years...at least it's not snow!
7. Mr. Same Same coming home.
Even if he's delayed half a day because the f*&^%&! airline needed to have a new tire flown to Florida from $&@*! Dallas. (Why keep a spare? That would make SENSE.)
8. Checking more things off the business to-do list. Meeting with the tax lady? Check. Next up? Start a business checking account and get the website live.
9. Seeing old friends. Tonight I'm off for a get-together with my awesome former boss (and a bunch of people from that company), who up and moved to Denver on me back in 2006. It was at that job, my first real grown-up job, that I met Nancy, and where I got to work with my best friends Nikki and Katie. We have such fond memories of working together, as crazy as it sounds. :) I was super lucky to have such a fair, intelligent, kind and funny person as a boss - no one has really compared since then! He's now a top real estate agent in his area - if you're in/moving to Colorado, don't hesitate to check him out and tell him I sent you!
10. My family.
I couldn't do it without them, and I feel like all the challenges we've faced this year have only brought us closer together and helped me grow.
I hope to be back with Christmas photos soon! The craziness of the holidays isn't over yet! :)